Just a friendly reminder that our season starts the upcoming Tuesday (9/7). Schedules are available to viewing on DartConnect ( https://www.southerndutchessdartleague.com/schedules )
Don't forget to get your tablets charged and ready to roll! Make sure that you've logged into DartConnect, and that you've updated DartConnect to the most latest version. Open up DartConnect, and login to your account. Once in, click on the "Check for Updates" link at the bottom of the screen:
Also, roster changes are permitted up to the Monday Night (8pm) before the match. Just email me any roster changes you have to make and I'll make sure they're taken care of. Remember that you can have up to 8 people on your roster. If you have any questions, please do not hestitate to ask.
Have a great holiday weekend, and good luck on Tuesday!
Welcome back to the official restart of the Southern Dutchess Dart League; we’re ready to resume league play on Tuesday, September 7th, at our usual 8:00 PM start, and hoping to see all of you back and throwing darts this fall. It’s been a tough 16 or so months for everyone, and we’ve unfortunately lost two sponsors that we’re aware of – Tina’s and Joe’s Irish Pub – both longtime supporters of the SDDL, and they will be missed. We also hope to see a couple of new sponsors that have reached out through the years with interest in sponsoring teams.
One item to note - the league will be waiving the $100 per team sponsor fee for the Fall 2021 season. We feel we have done a good job managing our finances, and with what we took in during the interrupted Spring 2020 season, we can afford Fall season trophies, the Turkey Shoot, DartConnect, and other expenses with our current surplus. We will resume collecting sponsor fees in Spring 2022, but we hope this gesture helps our valued sponsors get back on their feet after the shutdown.
That said, we will still be charging the $25 team fee, which will be due from each Captain or team representative at the Captains Meeting on August 10th at 8 pm at Karen's Bar and Grill, 702 Freedom Plains Road. This team fee goes towards recordkeeping, tracking statistics and standings, and DartConnect.
We are having the Captains’ Meeting earlier than usual this season so that we can get a handle on how many teams are returning, confirm that sponsors are still open and able to sponsor teams, and to be able to vote on a new potential sponsor for the Fall 2021 season, so that we can have as smooth of a restart as possible.
Every team will be required to have a Captain or team representative attend the Captains Meeting, hand in your $25 team fee and submit at least an initial roster to the league.
Rosters can be provided either by email (email@example.com) anytime from now through the start of the Captains’ meeting (so that we can ensure all Captains have viable teams for the season) or they can be handed in at the Captains’ meeting. Updates to rosters can be submitted up until 5 pm on August 27th.
As always, rosters can be added to at any time, but each team’s roster as of August 27th will be what Rob uses to set up divisions and schedules, so in the interest of competitive balance, please be as complete and accurate as possible.
Schedules and division alignments will then be released on the league website (http://www.southerndutchessdartleague.com) on August 31st. Please note, the league will not be distributing paper copies of the schedule and divisions; all of this information is available on the league website and through DartConnect, and can be printed from the league website if needed.
At the Captains meeting, we plan to cover the following topics. If any of the captains have additional topics for discussion and vote, please let me know prior to the meeting and we will add those to the agenda.
· With Tina’s closing, the teams that have played there, both of which have been SDDL league members for years, have indicated an interest in playing out of the Kent Countryside Inn, also known as Mr. Gugs, located at 1023 Route 52, in Carmel.
o They are located in Putnam County, less than a mile from the Dutchess-Putnam border, which is the southern boundary of our league, and a five-minute drive from where Tina’s was.
o The driving distance from multiple points within southern Dutchess times out as no further than the drive many of us made to Tina’s for many years. Where you made a right at the Ludingtonville exit on I-84 to go to Tina’s, you would make a left, and travel the same distance.
o League officers have spoken with the Mr. Gugs management and they have expressed a strong desire to become a sponsor.
o League officers have also checked out the setup, which includes two dartboards and plenty of space, and a familiar face from Tina’s behind the bar. The venue meets all the standards we would request from a sponsor.
o As required by league rules, the officers are bringing this up for discussion and a Captains vote to approve an exemption for this sponsor outside of the league borders (much like the Junior’s vote from 2014 for those who remember), with a Yes vote allowing teams to play out of Mr. Gugs in Fall 2021.
· COVID-related updates.
· Turkey Shoot information.
· Tablet lending – as with last season, we have a number of tablets that we can lend out for a $25 deposit for any teams that need one for DartConnect.
· A review of DartConnect and its use on league night, as a refresher for those who may not have used the app since the halt of play back in March, 2020.
Recap of Important Dates:
Tuesday, August 10th – 8 PM Captains Meeting @ Karen’s Bar and Grill
Tuesday, August 31st – Schedule release online @ www.southerndutchessdartleague.com
Tuesday, September 7th – Week 1 of play
Saturday, November 6th – Turkey Shoot @ location TBD
Please let us know if there are any questions, and looking forward to seeing all the Captains on August 10th.
With the announcement today by the Governor of New York, imposing restrictions affecting restaurants and bars beginning at 8 pm tonight, the Southern Dutchess Dart League will be suspending league play until such time that it is possible and practical to resume. Please be advised that your league officers have been discussing a number of contingency plans for the rest of the Spring 2020 season, and we will be providing updates as appropriate. Please keep our sponsors in mind, and patronize those that can offer take out and delivery services, as the next few weeks and months will have an impact on their business. Be well and be safe, and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.
I wanted to set out the timeline of events for the Spring 2020 season.
- Roster Submissions - I'm accepting roster submissions from today, until Jan 14th, 2020. Sheets can be emailed to myself ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). The Roster Submission form can be found ---> HERE. Like last season it is an editable PDF document. All you have to do is open the pdf on your computer or phone with the Adobe Acrobat Reader or Google Chrome browser. Fill out all the information on the pdf and save it. If you are not on a team and want to play, let me know so that I can assist with getting you paired up with a team. I know there are some teams out there looking for additional players so please let me know!
- Captain's Meeting - We'll be having our Captain's Meeting on Jan. 21st, @ The Brown Derby @ 8PM Sharp! The Captain's Meeting is MANDATORY for all team captains / team representatives to attend. Penalty points will be assessed to teams that don't attend. It's important to attend this meeting, as we will be going over all the details on DartConnect for this upcoming season. Training will be provided as well, so if your team is in need of assistance, make sure to attend. This meeting will also include the voting for League Secretary and League President, so if you're running for either one of those positions, or have a desire to vote on those elections, please attend.
- Spring Season 2020 - Week 1 of the Spring 2020 season will be on Tues. January 28th. Schedules will be distributed at the Captain's Meeting.
Thank you folks, and have a safe and Happy New Year!
In other action last night:
- Congratulations to The Reckless Darters for their win over Junior's Flyers for the B Division Title! (17-13)
- Congratulations to A Load of Bull for their win over The Filthy McNasties for the D Division Title! (17-7)
- Congratulations to Cork and Bulls for their win over Those Guy's for the E Division Title! (17-5)
The C Division title is up for grabs next week with KCF facing off against Incubus. Night 1 of the match will start on Tuesday Dec. 17th @ The Last Chance in Wappingers. Good luck to both teams!
Posted are the Final Standings for the Fall 2019 Season, as well as the final Playoff Eligibility lists. Congratulations to all the Division winners!
Also attached are the initial Playoff Brackets. The Playoff Schedule will be released shortly. We are working on taking care of some conflicts in venues, and once we're done I will make the whole schedule available.
Talk to you soon!
Sorry for the delay in getting this weeks results to you. It's been "one of those weeks" in general. I know it's no excuse and I apologize.
Here are the results. We've got 2 weeks left.. Week 11 KCF vs Ringwraiths match has been played. KCF won 12-4. Thank you for the prompt return of the results! Congratulations to Buddy Scism for his T80 and congratulations to Rob Taylor for his C9! Excellent darts gentlemen.
Just a reminder, the ability to reschedule matches from here, onto the end of the season HAS TO BE approved by the League Officers.
Jim Turner will be hosting his LoD Tournament on Saturday, 11/16 at the VFW Post 7765 in Red Hook. You can reach out to the VFW Post 7765 Facebook page for more information.
My LoD Tournament originally scheduled for Sunday 11/17 has been cancelled. I will be posting a new date and time for the next tournament.
Have a great weekend folks and good luck next week!